Pollen Trap 10-Frame (Bottom with rear drawer)
Pollen Trap 10-Frame
Harvesting pollen has never been easier!
- The Pollen Trap is perfect for palletised hives. It fits below the brood chamber.
- Bees enter through the new Pollen Trap entrance, go through a screened area where the pollen falls off and is collected in the protected rear drawer below.
- Close off pollen trap entrance for 3 - 4 days every week to allow the bees sufficient stores.
- Pollen is approximately 40% protein and is considered one of nature’s most completely nourishing foods.
- It contains nearly all nutrients required by humans. About half of its protein is in the form of free amino acids that are ready to be used directly by the body.
- Pollen from Western Australia is considered among the best in the world and can sell for over $100/kg.